Leslie here, with another new foundation review!
I recently picked up the new bareMinerals barePRO Powder Foundation at Ulta with my 20% Platinum rewards coupon- and boy do I have some things to SAY about this one!
I was debating between this and another new powder foundation (the Laura Geller Double Take Baked Versatile Powder Foundation) but decided I only really needed ONE new powder foundation. Who’s proud of me? Nobody cares?? k…
If you haven’t gathered yet, it takes a lot to impress me. I require quite a bit out of my makeup and skincare. So let’s see how she stood up…
bareMinerals barePRO Performance Wear Powder Foundation, in the shade Sateen 05. I got mine at Ulta ($30).
Experience flawless glam coverage with bareMinerals’ barePRO. High-performance pressed mineral powder foundation that’s clinically shown to stay right where you apply it-for a full 12 hours. Breathable foundation formula delivers an ultra-smooth, silky texture that glides on effortlessly for superior customizable coverage. Clinically shown to improve skin clarity, reduce pore size appearance and control shine. Available in 30 true-to-you shades in a sleek foundation compact.
- Photo-ready matte finish foundation without a caked on look or feel.
- Ultra-smooth, silky texture glides on smoothly for superior customizable coverage.
- High-performance long lasting foundation that’s clinically shown to stay right where you apply it-for a full 12 hours.
- Let your complexion breathe with this weightless, micro-mesh formula that doesn’t clog pores or cause breakouts
- Non-acnegenic and non-comedogenic foundation
- Made with skin-loving ingredients to support a healthy complexion.
- Clinically shown to improve skin clarity, reduce pore size appearance and control shine.
- Dermatologist tested. Hypoallergenic.
- High impact, skin-matching mineral pigments designed for all ethnicities and skin tones.
One reason I love powder and mineral foundations so much more than liquid is the ability to buff into skin while easily and quickly building up coverage. Using my EcoTools Retractable Kabuki Brush, I am able to swirl on an all-over layer of coverage, as well as buff in on areas that require a little more attention. The compact does come with a double sided sponge, that is useful in application- but I prefer the brush at home. The sponge would be great for on the go! The only downside to the packaging is there is no vent at the bottom where the sponge sits, so it doesn’t get any air.
The foundation did not accentuate any wrinkles or pores- and in fact kind of blurred those imperfections. My skin looked damn near flawless – even with different kinds of primers! The finish is not too matte or drying- but just a nice ‘skin like’ glow that doesn’t look oily.
This lasted ALL DAY. I got a lil shiny towards mid afternoon- but it’s summer and it’s humid, so what can you expect. But there was no movement, no transfer, no breaking up or loss of coverage. The blurring effect was still with me through most of the day too!
I absolutely love this foundation. It is so fast and easy to apply- but then also looks so natural and lasts all day. Definitely worth a try if you are a powder foundation girl!